Orkut Terms of Service
From WikiSummaries, free book summaries
- Orkut can terminate the service or change the terms of service without notice.
- You must be 18 years or older to use the Orkut service.
- You must have Google membership and you are responsible for anything done using your account.
- Your username should not be a trademark or name of someone famous. For example, Orkut may refuse you if you want to register as Pepsi or Julia Roberts.
- You will also not create an account by automatic means or by giving wrong information.
- You can use Orkut as an individual for your personal, non-commercial purpose only. Businesses, organizations or other legal entities are not allowed its membership.
- You can’t use it for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- International users will comply with all local rules regarding online conduct, acceptable content, including laws regulating the export of data from the United States or your country of residence.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any material that you send or display on Orkut.
- Orkut is not responsible for any content, but has the authority to remove any material that it considers objectionable.
- You will not collect any information about other Members (including usernames and/or email addresses) for unauthorized purposes.
- You will not use Orkut to spam, send chain letters, or transmit malicious software (such as viruses or trojan horses).
- You will not use somebody’s material without his/her consent, or link that material without such consent.
- You will not include unlawful material or material that encourages unlawful activities.
- You use Orkut at your own risk.
- Anything you put on Orkut also becomes the Orkut property to copy or distribute.
- Orkut will never pass on your information for commercial purposes without your consent.
- Your information can also be disclosed for any lawful purpose.
- Orkut is not responsible for any content or actions of any member.
- Unless laws of your State give you additional protection, Orkut has no liability in any manner.
- Once Orkut informs you, you will take action to defend it against suits by any party.
- Orkut is not liable for damages from its usage, even if it had been warned of such dangers.
- Orkut may send you unsolicited mails about its service.
- Courts located in the County of Santa Clara, California have the exclusive jurisdiction in cases involving Orkut.