Craigslist Terms of Service
- They may also change the conditions any time and they come immediately come into effect. So even if you had used the service only half an hour ago, do check the terms whenever you visit their site. (1 & 2)
- If you have any problem with them, then "your only recourse is to immediately discontinue use of craigslist." (1)
- "Your postings, messages, text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, or other materials ("Content")" are your "sole responsibility". (3)
- But craigslist is not responsible for any content you come across on the site, though it may be "offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise objectionable." (3)
- "Your linking to any other websites is at your own risk." (3)
- As there is always a risk of some smart dealer handing you a lemon online, the first thing you have to do is release craigslist and any person even remotely connected with it from any blame. (4)
- You even waive the protection California Civil Code gives you. (4)
- Your personal information can be disclosed if required by law or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of craigslist, its users or (lastly) the general public. (6)
- You content should not have anything objectionable or any of the myriad forms of sex mentioned by craigslist (not repeated here because we are a family site). (7)
- You will also not try contacting anyone "who has asked not to be contacted" or collect personal details for commercial purpose. (7)
- You won’t hire a "Posting Agent"-that is somebody to write for you on craigslist. (8)
- Craigslist "may charge a fee to post Content in some areas of the Service". (10)
- Craigslist may limit the number and size of postings and may delete them after some time. (11)
- Your right to use craigslist is limited and can be withdrawn at anytime. (12)
- You can display upto 100 postings taken from craigslist on your site, provided they are for noncommercial and/or news reporting purposes. (12)
- Craigslist has a unilateral right to block your emails and terminate your account "immediately and without notice". (13)
- Use of craigslist site is entirely at your own risk. (15)
- You agree that whatever happens, you will protect craigslist in any case arising out of your use of their site. (17)
- Laws of California apply and San Francisco, California courts have exclusive jurisdiction in cases arising from your use of craigslist. (18)
- On the other hand you agree to pay the following sums to craigslist:
- If you impersonate somebody or include somebody’s information without his consent-$1000.
- If you cross the limits for emails, for each email- $100.
- For unsolicited ads in emails, per email- $25.
- For each item posted by a Posting Agent- $100.
- For copyright violation of craigslist content-$1000 for each day.