To Kill a Mockingbird
List of Characters
- Finch Family - Founded by Simon Finch who immegrated to America from Cornwal, England. Simon was a doctor and firm Methodist.
- "Scout" - Narrator
- James Atticus Finch - "Jem" - Scout's brother; four years her senior.
- Atticus Finch - Patriarch of the Finch family. Defense Lawyer
- Hohn Hale Finch - "Uncle Jack" Atticus' brother. en years Atticus' Junior.
- Charles Baker Harris - "Dill" - 6 years old. Spending summer with his aunt, Rachel Haverford. Absent father.
- Radleys - A reclusivefamily whidh did not go to church or socialize on Sunday's (a typical time to socialize during this era and in this location). Neighbors of the Finchs.
- Arthur "Boo" Radley - Got into some toruble as a child and was sequestered by the Radley famly.
- Old Mr. Radley
- Mrs. Radley
- Calpurnia _ Finch family cook.
- Mrs. Henry Lafayette Dubose - two doors north of the Finchs.
- Mrs. Rachel Haverford - Finch's neighbor. Aunt of Dill.
Chapter 1 - Introduces the Finch family: widowed Father Atticus, son Jem and daughter Scout. The Finches are neighbors with the Radleys, a reculusive family who's son, Boo, got into some trouble as a kid and was forced into seclusion by the family. Boo is a mystery to the Finch siblings and he is viewed as a sort of evil spirit by the local children.