Are you the person that runs this? I have a few questions for you, if you are. Thanks! Mynameisnotpj 04:37, 4 June 2008 (PDT)
- Well, I can definitely see that you need some way to get the word out. I know that i only found this site because I was working on a paper and thought how great it would be to have a wikisummaries.
- yeah, it's hard-- the main thing which brings people here is just having the content, if we had more titles I think it would be much more popular. If there were a way to automatically populate at least the titles of say the top 10000 books, we'd have the basis for people to come in and add content over time. We also want to get teachers using the site as a way for their students to practice writing online. --Alex 14:47, 6 June 2008 (PDT)
- I was going to ask you about making tags or at least templates for the tags. I looked on Wikipedia and tried what they do on there, but it didn't work. I am sure that the page will need tags, to replace the way that we show if an article is incomplete right now. --Alex 14:47, 6 June 2008 (PDT)
- This one I'm not sure exactly what you mean-- do you mean message tags? Or the category tags?
- One last thing I can remember right now: Is there a Manual of Style anywhere? If not, there needs to be one. I will be happy to help with that as much as you would want. Bye for now! Mynameisnotpj 19:36, 4 June 2008 (PDT)
- Hi yes that would be great! So far we have just been pointing people to Wikipedia's manual but this does need its own so it could be more specifically tailored to what this site does best! Thanks again for all your help, you are the most active user for a while now! --Alex 14:47, 6 June 2008 (PDT)
- I will try to take a look at Wikipedia within a few days and write up what I think would be a good guide and I will let you know about it. Mynameisnotpj 20:43, 6 June 2008 (PDT)
- Yes please, we do need a Manual of Style! Topics such as how to format names, places and so on must be covered. Krysjez 20:46, 24 July 2009 (PDT)
Hello. You seem to be the only active administrator around this wiki at the moment. Could you please block HarryCums for me? 1) This user is using an inappropriate username, and 2) he has committed acts of severe vandalism to several pages. Thank you, RyanCross 21:59, 20 November 2008 (PST)
-- Done. Thanks for letting me know. --Alex 12:11, 21 November 2008 (PST)
- No problem. Thank you for your offer. I accept. Also, I would have got the message sooner if you hadn't posted it on my user page. My talk page would have been a better choice. Also, there seems to be another vandal. Please take a look at RonCums. Most likely the same person you recently blocked. Thank you. RyanCross (talk) 13:40, 23 November 2008 (PST)
- Thank you. You actually gave me bureaucrat permissions instead of administrator... but I was able to give myself administrative permissions since you did give me bureaucrat. Again, thank you. I'll be sure to use the tools to good use. If you need help, just ask me on my talk page. RyanCross (talk) 19:03, 24 November 2008 (PST)
WikiSummaries:Manual of Style
Hello Alex. I hope you are doing okay.
I've decided to start a guide to how contributers and writers should format pages. It is started at WikiSummaries:Manual of Style. Could you help improve the page? We can discuss different format proposals on the talk page (if any). Our wiki should have a certain formatting. I noticed a lot of our pages our formatted in many different ways... so I started the guide. — RyanCross (talk) 22:13, 18 December 2008 (PST)